The First Post

 I'm not good at starting things. You can call it procrastination I suppose. 

Take this blog for example. I can't tell you how long I have had the idea to start a blog rolling around in my brain. I have probably had Blogger open in a tab on my laptop for close to a year just waiting for the "right" moment. 

I get caught up in trying to format my blog's layout to look professional. I get caught up thinking about having perfect, aesthetic photos to post. I make lists of topics and never write a word. Today I found myself convinced that what I needed was a new laptop (Black Friday sales!) because I never really became comfortable with my MacBook, which I bought in 2017, and if I used a Windows system I would feel more confident and that would be the magic spell to create. 

But I realized, it isn't about the laptop I use, nor about the basic layout I choose. I just need to start. I just need to write. It doesn't matter if I don't have something specific to write about or a clever title.  This is a start. It doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't have to look like a blog that has been around for a decade and probably has someone with coding skills helping to format it. 

This is the first post. But doesn't need to be perfect.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting goals and making plans.